W E L C O M E

to a memoir of some sort
Follow Me

Persepolis Cover Art



By  johanna wattimena     3:08 PM    Labels: 
Did this earlier this semester. It's a cover art for a fantastic graphic novel about Iran before, during and after its war with Iraq. There was once when war wasn't a concern of mine. Yeah, i didn't agree to it, but it's not like it involves me or my family that i have to dwell in my disagreement to that. Then i read this book; Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi, and i was agitated with the war in Middle East. That was followed by a movie about the Afghanistan and Israel conflicts which title i couldn't recall. That movie made me realize that these people who are involved in wars is just as ordinary as i am. They could be me, i could be them. I could be the one crying in anguish because somebody bombed my house with my parents in it, and I could be the one strapped in wires and explosives all in the name of freedom. The war change people. I mean, they set a different course to life even when people don't feel it. It creates a new branch of mindset, a different appropach to life and a new set of boudaries to some sort of psychological thing.



the totally legit part of my book cover, thus my fave


the real cover

About johanna wattimena

An explorer driven by curiosity. This blog is one of the longest commitment she manage to keep.