Job: what makes him stand

To really enjoy God's words more than daily food, was what Job said. Not only he remembers them, he treasures them. Despite how life was treating Job (shameful sickness, death of all of his family, sudden loss of financial investments, sudden loss of friends) he keeps saying that God knows what he is doing, and even if he comes with his arguments and questions to what makes God allows so much sadness into his life, the thought of it still terrifies him. Cause he knows, God is the God Almighty. Who is the creation to talk back to the creator, why do you make me this way? Still, Job never turns back from God and he kept his hopes in God who had always guided him, and blessed him.

13 "But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
He does whatever he pleases.

14 He carries out his decree against me,
and many such plans he still has in store.

15 That is why I am terrified before him;
when I think of all this, I fear him.

16 God has made my heart faint;
the Almighty has terrified me.

---------Job 23:13-16-------


I can't see how Job remains so faithful. If i were him, i'd be a bitter girl.
But such hope, and such faith in God, shows that he's an awesome man of God.
He knows who he believes in, and he stands by it no matter what.
Christianity is truly a faith driven relationship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm done being high and dry